The WCEC has set itself the following GOALS:
- Project global image of the profession increasing public knowledge and awareness of the contributions of chemical engineers and the industries served by the profession.
- Facilitate global dissemination of chemical engineering technical knowledge and industrial best practices.
- Become a resource to international organisations in providing position statements
- Promote conservation and care of global resources, health, safety, and the environment.
Promote a high standard of professional ethics and conduct for chemical engineers worldwide.
- Serve as a vehicle/forum for communication, collaboration and linkage
.. between national and regional chemical engineering societies (e.g.: sharing of ideas to overcome problems common within existing societies)
.. with other, non-chemical-engineering technical associations.
- Promote international standards and accreditation for chemical engineering educational programmes and work towards engineers' right to practice globally.